Friday, March 15, 2013

First Try At Airbrushing A Crankbait

I've been down and out lately. My wife got the stomach flu, then my youngest daughter got it, then I got it, then my oldest daughter got it, then I got it again. It was terrible.

The day I started to feel better I took my kayak out of a relaxing couple hours of bass fishing. Didn't catch anything, but found a new lake only accessible by kayak. As I was loading my 'yak onto my truck, I slipped in some mud. I fell and the kayak fell on me. My knee was hurt pretty bad.

Then I got an ear infection.

In between my bed rest sessions, I was able to give airbrushing a go. This was the result:

I was trying to mimic the coloring of a Croaker I caught last year. I just can't seem to find lures that mimic Croakers, a common bait fish in my area. 

Keep in mind that this was the first time I airbrushed anything. It took about an hour and a half. I am pleased and already have a couple others in the works. 

I can't wait to give it a try on the water!

DreamHost Promotional Code